yellow cutest blog on block

Monday, March 28, 2011

Homemade Yumminess


Who doesn't love some homemade jam? Elsie took a great nap today which left me a good amount of time to put up several jars of strawberry jam. My Nana used this recipe and this is the kind of jam I grew up eating. I love raspberry too, but this strawberry takes the cake. (isn't that the saying?) For anyone who is searching for a new jam recipe, I used the MCP brand pectin. I follow the directions inside the box for the strawberry, quick and fast set. Super easy. I love the little high you have after you've completed something really domestic :)

3 comments:

Torrie said...

Those looks so good Jen, where did you get your strawberries. I have not seen a good deal on them anywhere and it seems this is the time there should be some deals right?

Jeni said...

I just got them at Walmart. They were $1.28/lb container. That's not screaming, but it's not bad either. So I bought 4 and two boxes MCP. That's how many in those sizes I got. I'll do more when the prices are better here soon.

Amelia said...

I just made jam yesterday. I can't eat store bought jam anymore because homemade is so much yummier! Did you know that you can skip the waterbath after making the jam? All you do is fill your jars like normal, put the lids and rings on, then flip the jars upside down and let it sit. The heat from the jam seals the lid. My sister taught me this and it makes it so much easier to do jam!