yellow cutest blog on block

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Really???

I swear when it comes to cooking for my family, I just want to pull my hair out. This is what happened this morning during breakfast.

Addie: "Oh gross! What is that?! It looks like throwup!"
Me: "Addie, that's not very nice to say. Just try it, you'll like it."
Addie: "Are you serious?"

Izzy: "What is that mom?"
Me: "It's a smoothie. It's really healthy for you. Just try it. You'll like it I promise."
Izzy: "No thanks."

Me: "Here Andy. I made pancakes and a smoothie. Come eat with us before you leave."
Andy: (sees the smoothie) "Wow. Hmm."

REALLY?? I would never dream of saying anything like that to my mom growing up. And my dad would NEVER utter such words.

After informing everyone that no one was leaving without trying the smoothie, I finally had some takers.

Addie: "Oh yum, is there anymore?"

Izzy: "Oh that's good. Why didn't you tell me it tasted like a regular smoothie?"

Beck and Isaac both had refills.

Andy....his went in the sink half full.

(fyi it was a "green smoothie" with spinach. It was quite tasty!)

1 comment:

becca said...

haha, sounds like my family! Does your blender completely blend the spinach? Mine just cuts it into tiny pieces and doesn't fully blend it...probably not as yummy as yours.